The Master of Energy Systems brings together engineers, scientists and specialists in economics, finance and energy systems to provide a unique course that will prepare you for a role in the energy sector.
The Master of Energy Systems has been developed in close consultation with industry. It is strongly supported by an Industry Advisory Panel that includes senior representatives from industry and government. This ensures that students benefit from a relevant program, internship opportunities and contact with future employers.
You will learn from specialists in renewable, thermal and nuclear energy and transport. You will acquire the skills to make informed decisions that incorporate technical, economic, environmental and social considerations.
This program will suit graduates of engineering, science, business, finance and economics degrees.
The global energy sector needs more qualified experts to manage how we source, store, transport and use energy.
You will develop skills in:
- Analysing energy systems from technical, commercial and policy standpoints
- Energy finance, economics and energy markets
- The operation of renewable and non-renewable energy systems
- Auditing different types of energy systems, including carbon emissions
- Combining technical and commercial knowledge to guide business decision making
You will find employment in industry and government in the following areas:
- Evaluating the technical and economic performance of energy systems
- Energy-related investment decisions
- Policy development and implementation
- Greenhouse gas and pollutant reporting, regulation and compliance