50 point program
full-time unavailable / part-time unavailable
- An undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent. 
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent. 
- Two years of documented professional work experience since graduation, related to the degree.
Advanced standing will be awarded for equivalent subjects taken in prior study.
Documentation of work experience
In your application, you must include documentary evidence of your work experience (such as a letter from your current or previous employer on letterhead) which confirms the nature of the work, its duration, its full-time or part-time status and your position or role. This documentary evidence must be an original or original certified copy.
The reference ‘or equivalent’ refers to a University of Melbourne equivalent score. To determine the equivalent score we look at your academic record and then calculate your University of Melbourne equivalent score based on the following factors:
- Research profile and international standing of the University you received your degree(s) from.
- The ranking of the University you received your degree from — the Times Higher Education Rankings and the Shanghai Jiao Tong World Rankings are good reference points and provide an indication of where other universities are positioned (against the University of Melbourne).
- Australian Government guidelines which assess international universities and education institutions. These guidelines are not made public, however, they take into account a number of factors including scoring systems, etc.
English language requirements
All domestic and international students studying at the University of Melbourne must satisfy the University of Melbourne English Language Entry Requirements.
You must satisfy the requirements below in one sitting and the test must be have been taken within the last 24 months (2 years) preceding application.
For graduate coursework, if an English language test is required, you must achieve are a minimum of:
|Test||Normal English language requirements|
|IELTS (Academic English only)||6.5 (With no band less than 6)|
|TOEFL (Paper-based test)||577 + and TWE 4.5|
|ITOEFL (internet-based test)||79 +
|Pearson Test of English (Academic)||58+ and no communicative skill below 50|
|Cambridge English: Advanced/Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)||176+ and no skill below 169|