300 point program
3 years full-time / part-time unavailable
VCE or Australian Year 12 ENTER
Units 3 & 4: A study score of:
- at least 25 in English/English Language/Literature or at least 30 in EAL
- at least 25 in Chemistry
- at least 25 in one of Mathematical Methods (CAS) or Specialist Mathematics.
At least Grade 4 standard or higher level, English, Chemistry and Mathematics/Further Mathematics.
GCE A Levels
Chemistry and Mathematics, and at least grade C in an accepted AS or A Level English subject.
A guide to minimum entry score using 2017 figures
|Clearly in Rank 2017||96.80|
|VCE or Australian Year 12 2018 Minimum ATAR 1||96.00|
|Guaranteed Entry for Access Melbourne applicants: Year 12 2017 ATAR or notional ATAR 2||95|
|IB Diploma 3||38|
|GCE A Levels||AAB|
- Applicants who achieve the minimum ATAR for a course will be eligible for a place, provided prerequisite studies and any other course requirements are met. The Clearly-in-Rank may be higher than is listed depending on demand for the course and the number of places available in any given year. Only applicants eligible for special entry schemes, such as Access Melbourne, will be admitted below the minimum ATAR. Minimum ATARs are reviewed annually.
- Applicants must apply via Access Melbourne using the ‘rural or isolated area’ or ‘disadvantaged financial background’ categories, and meet prerequisite studies and other specific course requirements.
- International IB students only, Australian IB candidates will have IB score converted to a notional ATAR.
Entry requirement information is provided as a guide only and cannot be guaranteed in 2018. More information is available at: