We are running a “Girl Power in STEMM” pilot program across four years for a select number of female students from year 9 to year 12.
2016 applications are now closed.
This program is a joint initiative of the Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE) and the Melbourne School of Information (MSI) to contribute towards gender parity in STEMM disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine.
The first stage of this program will be an on-campus camp for female year 9 students, during the upcoming July school holidays. The camp will consist of:
- Presentations by academics
- Panel discussions with industry
- Hands on, interactive workshops
During the second stage of this program, these students will be provided with a work experience opportunity in year 10 where they will be placed at the University of Melbourne and the workplaces of our industry sponsors.
In the final two years of their high school, these students will be supported through ongoing academic and industry mentorship, peer mentor support and special events on campus to further strengthen their interest and to help ease and assist the transition to university life.
- The camp will run from Monday 4 July until midday Wednesday 6 July 2016.
- Students will arrive and register on the evening of Sunday 3 July and depart on the afternoon of Wednesday 6 July.
- The program is free of charge and will include three nights accommodation, all meals and workshops during the camp.
- Accommodation will be at Ormond College, one of the residential colleges at the University of Melbourne.
- Dietary requirements will be catered for and students will need to provide this information as part of the application process.
If you have any questions regarding this program please contact the program coordinator: